The Near North Consulting Team can provide a comprehensive array of International Customs Planning and Duty Consulting services that improve profitability, efficiency, and effectiveness.
Our detailed, non-intrusive reviews of your company’s International Business activities will identify potential savings opportunities and recover overpaid duties.
In complex situations, Near North’s Consulting Team will prepare and secure favourable Customs Rulings prior to submitting refund requests, thus protecting your compliance with Canada Border Services Agency regulations.
Our professionals have years of experience supporting global companies in all aspects of Customs Compliance, and their operational effectiveness. Our comprehensive Customs consulting services provide:
- Strategic Customs planning and advisory.
- HST tariffs review for validating the proper classification of goods.
- Customs valuation regulation review to ensure that all imported goods have been correctly valued.
- We will ensure that you are getting the most out of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) – or other free trade agreements.
- Preferential trade agreement and tariff treatment reviews to ensure respective rates of duty have been applied to your goods. Taking advantage of preferential rates and reducing duty is wise as it will save you money and help to keep you more competitive.